À Daussois

A - Daussois - The Lakes

After the construction of Walcourt Abbey in 1232, plans were made to set out lakes on the land of Daussois which at the time belonged to the monks. These lakes are about fifteen metres wide and almost thirty metres long, but were no longer cared for when the abbey was abandoned at the time of the French Revolution. Near the lakes stands the old lime kiln, disused but still clearly visible among the fields. In the past, iron ore was mined in the commune, and more recently plastsoil. Numerous walks, waymarked by the commune of Cerfontaine, take visitors around the village from where they can see these various places and landscapes.